Monday, July 7, 2014

Kim's Bridal Saturday Extravaganza!

Over the weekend, we celebrated my sister's bridal shower and bachelorette party, all in one super long fun day! We had the bridal shower at my parents' house where my other sisters and I did all the cooking from scratch (!) for 14 guests. The room was filled with fresh flowers from Pike place in glass pasta jars which only cost $15. We played Kim Trivia, a game where we drew our favorite memory of Kim and she had to guess it, and pin the mustache on the groom, which was totally fun because everyone designed their own mustache out of card stock making Andy's face very hairily festive. For the bachelorette party, we took a sexy dancing class which included sexy walking, sexy crawling (my personal favorite), sexy sliding down a wall, and sexy spinning down a pole. I think we were all scared as hell at the beginning of it, but by the end, we were laughing ourselves silly. It was such a fun way to bond- by being so uncomfortable that you just have to laugh at yourself. Afterwards, we headed out to dinner downtown and hit Belltown afterwards. We progressively loss people throughout the night, because I think it takes a ton of work celebrating for 12 hours!! I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow that night. It was a total blast that required a ton of planning, but I think everyone had a good time, and that's what's important.

The day after the shower, I went back to my parents' to clean up, and I realized the wedding is in a month! It feels crazy that it snuck up while we were busy doing other things. In the time since Kim got engaged and now, I graduated from college, got into nursing school and finished a whole year of it! I'm so excited for all my family to be in town. I hope the weather is just beautiful so everyone is envious and decides to move here.

Here are some pictures of the shower. They made me realize just how gorgeous my parents' house is.
Cheers to Kimbo! I'm so happy and excited for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment