Monday, June 2, 2014

Summer to-do list

Shopping for succulents
Every spring while I'm drowning in school, I make mental notes to myself about all the things I'm going to do when summer comes around. Usually, they're random things that come to mind at random times so my mental notes become so disorganized that I forget all of them and eventually find myself bored during the summer. I don't want that to happen this year. I want so much on my (fun) to-do list that I am using every last ounce of summer before I go back to school for the last time in a long time! So I'm going to start compiling a list of all the fun things I can do. Future me, reference this!
  1. Plant things. I planted some things last year with my sister, but most of them died... Sad! I'll try again and again and again until my thumb turns green. Plants will probably be from Grocery Outlet, and we'll have to go to Goodwill in search of some pretty pots!
  2. Playing outside. Summer is the best in Seattle. It's 70 something degrees everyday and not humid. And there's bodies of water everywhere! I want to swim in the lake, paddle board, kayak, and try paddleboard yoga with my roomie. Also, drive into the mountains and hike. 
  3. Buy an NCLEX study guide book and read it. This is probably the least fun thing on my summer to-do list, but I feel like I might as well do something to brace myself for next year and the NCLEX which is going to sneak up on me and surprise attack me. 
  4. Clean the house. I mean, seriously deep clean the house. Like take the utensils out and wipe out the drawer and turn it upside down and watch all the dust fall out.
  5. Pick up a new craft. Weaving? Calligraphy? I haven't decided yet, but this would look so good in the house and would it be great to be able to address letters like this?
  6. Travel. I'm going to go places.
There should be more on this list, but again, I don't know where all my mental sticky notes are. For the next 9 days though, I will be buried in books and powerpoint slides. Hooray for the near end of my first year of nursing school! I can hardly believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment