Saturday, April 26, 2014

Friday fun

 photo 9923B716-EBEA-4F6C-A169-76327E26DD00_zps1nofflss.jpg
Yes, I realize that is Century Link, not Safeco.
John is in town for the weekend, so that means this weekend is filled with a ton of fun! I have been busy all week trying to do two week's worth of course material in one week so I don't have to spend the weekend prepping for next week while he's here, but I failed. Though I have a giant pile of work left, it's Saturday and it's sunny, so I think it's going to be further delayed until tomorrow.

Anyway, John and I went downtown yesterday and went to the aquarium, which John has been telling me he's been dreaming about going to since he was in high school. He literally used to get giddy when I would mention the aquarium. I'd been in high school and my senior party was there, but I wasn't really impressed... It's small and not worth the ticket price ($22 per adult?!), but you can always find discounted tickets somewhere online. John and I have been to the Newport Aquarium in Cincinnati which is probably 5x cooler so I think the Seattle aquarium was a bit of a letdown for John, but it's another thing off his bucket list so I'd still consider it a success.

We also went to the Mariner's game with a bunch of my friends from high school. It was our first time going to an M's game ever and it was also college night + beard hat night! There were so many people there- we kept bumping into familiar faces. And another awesome bonus, the Mariner's actually won!

Whats a trip downtown without Piroshky Piroshky? It's not a trip downtown! Also, we got gelato at this little place called Gelatiamo. So good in my belly. 
Beard hats. We're cool, I know. ^^^
This is my dating picture with Jenny- So romantic... ^^^

I hope the next couple days pass by slowly. I love it when John comes to visit, it's really a mini staycation for me, and I always eat so well for those couple of days... Happy Saturday!

1 comment: