Monday, June 30, 2014

What have I been doing for the last week?

Nothing of enough substance to take pictures of! I have been back in town enjoying my super flexible summer schedule and what have I been doing? Lots of laying in bed from 8 pm to 10 am the next morning, planning my next adventure (Errrrm... Philly and New York?), binge watching The Office, child rearing (not my own), and planning my sister's bridal shower/bachelorette party. I'm crafting a lot- I even learned how to weave (!) which was one thing on my summer checklist so I'm feeling pretty good about myself. It's been nice and relaxing not to have to rush off somewhere or feel guilty about not studying at any given moment, but being so free after leaving John is also kind of painful in it's own way. I usually have to jump right back into school at 100 mph after my visits, so I don't have time to mope around, but this time I have all the time in the world to mope around.

So I've been feeling kind of down. But today was beautiful, sunny, and a warm 70-something degrees, and I had a great day, making the cutest cake topper for my sister's bridal shower (which will be revealed after this weekend), babysitting (aka laying out on pool chairs while she plays in the pool), and going to the dollar store and Sushiland with Kathie. We ended the day doing Blogilates, and now I'm showered and back in bed about to binge on some more The Office. How great does that sound for a summer day? Totally great.

Hooray for summer! Here's to recharging and not feeling burnt out!
Another picture of us because this post looks so empty without pictures and also because I love us! This is from when we went out in Charleston. Sorry for the love fest, but I just think we are just the best.

1 comment: