Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Fashion faux pas: Crop tops

I love going shopping. I don't actually buy that much stuff, I just like going. I usually shop the clearance racks or at second hand stores which I like because it's like a lottery- am I going to find something good today? Is it going to be cheap? Will it be in my size? There's a thrill in shopping cheap and I get a little high off it. Sometimes, I am browsing racks of tops, and 2 feet down the rack from me, I see a pretty fluttering sleeve. I excitedly flip through the remaining plastic hangers leading up to that pretty fluttering sleeve until my hand is finally on that beautiful sleeve's hanger, and then, as if in slow motion, I dramatically pull that hanger off the rack and hold it up in front of me an arm's length away, with high hopes that I have just won the lottery... only to find that the shirt is half the length of the torso of human female adult. What the heck!

NOOO MORE CROP TOPS
noooo!!!! 
I do not like crop tops. They are taking over the world in a bad way. They don't make sense unless you are less than 5 feet tall and they are actually a top (I'm completely serious about this). They don't cover your body. They don't cover your belly button. What is the point of a shirt that doesn't cover the upper half of your body? That's like owning a blanket that only covers from your hips to your legs. Just because you're skinny doesn't mean you have to wear a crop top. Just because you're good at math doesn't mean you have to be an engineer. Follow your heart, do what you want, and don't wear a crop top. Especially to your theology class at your Catholic school! Yes, a girl in my class actually wore a crop top to class and talked one-on-one after class with our middle-aged male Catholic professor. Gross.

What do you guys think? Where do you think crop tops belong in our society?

3 comments:

  1. I used to want a belly button piercing but I didn't get one because I thought no one would ever see it. Now I can go get one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I could wear a crop top if I wanted too. On me they are just unfashionably long or short depending what you are expecting. A lot of students are wearing crop tops to school which is confusing b/c they wear it with high waisted bottoms. I think it just makes them look more proportioned like a barbie than a human being.

    ReplyDelete