Saturday, January 25, 2014

Nursing Career Fair

 photo DF219442-F816-450C-BC93-9AB63C1522DC_zpsjnq0b55q.jpg
Nurse Swag
Today I went to my first career fair ever! A career fair, on a SATURDAY... It was nursing specific which was really neat because it catered specifically to nursing students at all levels. There were both potential employers and nursing schools and tons of free paper and pens. I felt like a real grown-up by the time I got home because I had gotten a tote full of nurse swag.

Honestly, I was was jittery and nervous, and I'm pretty sure I came off as totally awkward to some of the recruiters. It's okay though because I wasn't really looking for employment so the stakes weren't high. I was just trying to get my name out there, which wasn't very successful either because I only gave out 1 of the 10 copies of my resume. Most of the hospitals looking for CNAs or hospital assistants told us the same thing anyway: apply online. So I didn't really get much out of it, but it was nice to get one of those under my belt so next year when I'm about to graduate, I can go in knowing what to expect and what kind of nursing I want to go into.

As for now, I'm a blank open slate! I had thought I wanted to go into community nursing when I started school, but now that I'm getting exposed to all these different aspects of nursing, I'm really open to anything. I'm hoping as I go through my program and have clinical placements in different fields, I'll find a field that I fall completely in love with. We'll see!
 photo 0C3B3801-ACA7-4CE8-ABF3-F693FC248E91_zps8r5wfe3p.jpg
Health care's future

No comments:

Post a Comment