Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I love this city

 photo e45ca20f-83c9-4ec9-8f2f-abd5835cca74_zpsdf099ae9.jpg  photo IMG_32301_zps924d3e93.jpg  photo IMG_32321_zps784d6e43.jpg  photo IMG_31771_zps2d93e142.jpg
About once a month, I find some excuse to go downtown to explore. It's nice to get away from the hectic-ness that is my own life and disappear into the busy-ness that is downtown. There are just so many people: old, young, hipster, homeless, business, tourist. On a clear day, you can see across the water all the way to West Seattle. There are boats and ferries and every other person is holding a bouquet of Pike Place flowers. When I went this month, it was the day after the Seahawks won the NFC championship. The city was decked out in Hawkitecture and there were five 12th man flags on every block. I freaking love this city!

It's amazing how you can take things for granted because they're right outside your door. I grew up in the suburbs of Seattle and didn't really get to explore the city until I was 15 and bussing to downtown with a map in hand. I see the Space Needle nearly everyday now, but I've never been up it. I've never ridden the ducks and I've never been to the Ballard Locks (I think that is supposedly a hot romantic date spot). Anyway, from living in the city now for 4 years, I am completely in love with this city and it's culture. There are so many different neighborhoods within Seattle, each with it's own mini-culture that is distinctly unique. There's a place for everyone in Seattle- I just love this place and think everyone should move here (or don't, so housing costs don't rise)!!! Seattle is soo beautiful and I want to settle here when I'm old and married and have babies!!! Please let me not get old and move to the suburbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment