Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Smoothies

The weather this week has been so amazing! I've been sleeping with 1 (count it, ONE) blanket and waking up with a sticky face! Hooray, I am so ready for that beautiful hot weather so I can do fun stuff like paddleboard yoga with my roomie and simply be in the sun. I took two midterms Monday and Tuesday so after class yesterday I took a 30 minute walking detour on the way home yesterday because just because I could and I wanted to feel the sun on my skin. It was fabulous.
 Another thing I am excited for this summer is smoothies! My mom got a magic bullet from Costco for $35 that I am permanently borrowing. She has a Vitamix, so I feel no guilt borrowing this from her. I've been using the magic bullet for the past two weeks and it is totally awesome. Last summer, my old roomie had a blender, but it was always such a hassle because I'd have to clean the entire blender every time I used it and I'd always make too much smoothie resulting in feeling so full that it hurt and I would just lie down and wait for the abdominal pain to pass. I'm less lazy about making smoothies now because there's so much less to clean, it's easy to bring with me when I'm walking out the door and it makes the perfect amount for one person. I know I'm sounding like an advertisement, but yeah, I am.

I've been experimenting with things I can put in my smoothies. Sometimes I do carrots and kale and random veggies for a green (actually probably more like brown) smoothie, but usually I do fruits because it's so much yummier! Frozen berries and mangoes are easy because you can leave them in your freezer without worrying about them going bad, plus they keep your smoothie colder for longer. Also to keep things cold, refrigerate everything! That means all your fresh fruits, because warm smoothies are not very yummy. Other fun things I've been trying are chia seeds, coconut water (mmm potassium) and kombucha.
Also make sure to match your smoothie to your outfit
Happy hump day! Have a smoothie!

2 comments:

  1. Good job! I think I'll make a smoothie tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like this post. i love talking about smoothies and the nutribullet too.

    ReplyDelete