Sunday, April 6, 2014

Food from TJ Maxx

This is a short story about discounted food. I'm not sure what everyone else's first impression of food from TJ Maxx and Marshalls is, but I used to approach it with a lot of suspicion. I just figured the food was either about to expire or it'd be so smashed up from failing at another retailer that all you'd get when you open the bag is crumbs. I mean, discounted food? Of unknown brands? Where did it come from and how long has it been here??!?!!

Anyway, a while ago, my sister let me try these avocado oil potato chips that were totally delicious and fragrant. I asked her where she got them, and she said she had originally bought them at TJ Maxx and liked them so much that she and her husband ordered it in bulk on Amazon! How cool. I became slightly less suspicious of food at TJ Maxx. And THEN, a couple weeks ago, I was binge watching Shark Tank and this lady was trying to sell her healthy/natural/all-good-stuff pancake mix to the sharks. One of them asked if she was in any major retailers and she said TJ Maxx! She was just some little lady with her independent business, selling product to TJ Maxx. That is freaking cool and totally awesome! It made me want to go directly to TJ Maxx and find some awesome product hidden in their food aisle. The next big food thing could be in there... think of the possibilities.

So when I was in Kentucky over spring break, I went to the food aisle at TJ Maxx and bought those chips my sister had and apple chips by the same company and I was so impressed. Now every time I go to one of those stores, I look in the food aisle for anything interesting looking. That's the end of my story. The End.


1 comment:

  1. i feel bad for most of the people selling stuff on shark tank. the sharks are so mean. :(

    ReplyDelete