Sunday, March 2, 2014

The weekend is over. Again.

Why do these weekends keep passing by so quickly? I make a big long list of things I have to do by Sunday evening, and here I am starting at the top of my list right now! Actually, I will start after this blog post because this blog post isn't on the my list at all, but I feel sad not posting at least once every three days.

The most horrible thing about this weekend is that I am getting sick. I have been so good this quarter at not getting sick, but its finally caught up to me. I've had a headache all day and my throat is dry. I'm pretty sure it's because I've been stressed the past week and a half for that test and now my immune system is like, 'yay! lets relax!" which means I get sick. The good thing is that clinical is over so I don't have to miss any days and make them up later (one of my fears).

There were two great parts about this weekend. The first is that John found us the perfect long distance past time: Plants v Zombies Garden Warfare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's basically Modern Warfare, but Plants vs Zombies themed! It's the best of both worlds: shooting and killing stuff for John, and cute cartoon plants and zombies for me. At the beginning of this weekend I was really bad and I felt like 8 year old me again who was never able to pass the third world (Hercules) in Kingdom Hearts on PS2. But now I can actually keep up with some of the other players online! Let's be honest, those players are probably 8 year old kids whose moms won't let them get actual Modern Warfare, but it's okay because they don't know that I'm a procrastinating college student in her twenties.

The second awesome part about my weekend was that I got to see my beautiful friends from high school! They are the definition of homies- friends from my home. I was so excited to see them that I was convinced to go to Aston Manor as soon as one of them said, "Why aren't you coming?". That usually happens. I left early though because I wasn't really feeling it. It was too loud, dark and crowded. I couldn't even talk to the person next to me and everyone was shoulder to shoulder. I don't think that was really my scene because I am an old grandma and I should be wrapped in a blanket knitting sweaters for all 8 of my cats. 

Anyway, time to start on that list. Have a good week everyone.

2 comments:

  1. My solution to an ever growing to do list is to write out everything with a little check box next to it. Even if it is a little thing like 'buy stamps', I end up doing it eventually b/c it is on my list and the box is not checked. It works for me really well and I think you should try it. It is especially effective if each to do starts out with a verb. I don't know why that works for me, but it is worth a shot!

    I hope that you get some rest. Goodnight!

    ReplyDelete